A trampoline is a recreational device for bouncing, consisting of a piece of strong fabric that is stretched over a frame by using some coiled springs. The very first modern trampoline was built in the year 1936 for gymnastics and diving competition for adding entertainment to the performance. Later in the year 1942, it was being made commercially; it was generically known as the rebound tumbler. In the year 1960, it became a recreational activity and was commercialized in the jump centers and the trampoline parks. So, in no way you can say that the trampoline is for kids only.
There are many reasons for having a trampoline for family entertainment and healthy outdoor activity. Regular jumping on a trampoline brings many health benefits to children and adults.
- It encourages outdoor activity for the whole family regardless of age and gender.
- It is considered as the low impact exercise as it is easy on the joints.
- The rebounding exercise on trampoline improves the postural and the coordination-balance of the body.
- Researches have proved that it is even better than running.
- It helps in losing weight and muscle control.
- It keeps the heart and lungs active as they are fully functioning while jumping.
- It keeps the bones strong and healthy.
With all the benefits of having a trampoline, one must have the right trampoline for himself and his family, keeping in view the size and shape that best fits the requirements.
Following are a few things that should be …